There are a lot of tree generating scripts just like this one, and many of them are great. So why use dTree?
dTree is very simple to set up and use. You don't have to worry about adding pages to the tree in a specific order, which makes it ideal for generating a tree from a database.
The first version of the tree is still available here.
- Unlimited number of levels
- Can be used with or without frames
- Remembers the state of the tree between pages
- Possible to have as many trees as you like on a page
- All major browsers suported
- Internet Explorer 5+
- Netscape 6+
- Opera 7+
- Generates XHTML 1.0 strict validated output
- Alternative images for each node
API & examples
11. April 2003
Few bugfixes. Complete list of changes here
16. February 2003
The new version finally goes online. The old version is still available here.